Monday, July 16, 2007

Not Much Crafting in Weeks

I have one collage to show you, but I need to take the photos during the day. The lighting in here is horrible. I'll try to post that this weekend. Then I moved my crafting area around to actually separate the area from the living room. Today I moved my computer out of an uncomfortable position. That's what has taken me so long to download my vacation pics to Flickr.com.


I was given a ton of fabric and trimming when I was in Florida. I also bought some stuff at Joann's while I was down there. I had to buy a duffle bag to bring it all home. I can't wait to dig in. I was also given a bunch of trimming by someone else before I left to FL. This weekend will be for organizing all of it.


How do all of you find the time for everything? I want to craft & sew, and redecorate, and cook, and read books & magazines, and blog, and watch movies & television, and go out to see friends, and go shopping, and walk my son's dog, and get my hair done at the salon, and take a walk, and drive my truck as fast as I can, and - I guess - clean my apartment when it needs it. But I don't have enough time for all of this. So my crafting suffers. I have to cook and clean. I have no choice. I have to go to work. I have no choice there either. Something always gets left undone, or neglected. I get so frustrated. How do you all make time for everything you do? Some of you post crafts you have crafted or sewn each day!?!?!


Although I have not been crafting much, I did go thrifting in FLA. You'll see what I got. I also received some great stuff from my paternal grandma. I was able to pick from a box of dishes my grandmother had for many years displayed in her house. I kept the ones that meant something to me. There must have been about 50 or 60 of them. Here are a couple:







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Good to hear from you again have just been catching up with your new blog. Isn't it great to have things that bring back such happy memories? And I don't have any idea how some of these ladies manage to do so much, I think some of them are must be wonder women!
Carolyn x

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kim, thanks for stopping by. As far as drying hydrangeas, it is very easy. You need to wait until they are completed with their blooming & the blooms start to fade. They will feel a little papery & drier than normal & that's when you can cut them & dry them. I usually just hang them upside down to dry, but you can also put the stems in a couple inches of water & then let the water evaporate & as this happens the blooms will dry by themselves. It's a very easy process & hydrangeas are about the easiest flowers to dry. Right now, my stems are in water & I'm just going to leave them there for a few days. They are already feeling a little dry & in a few more days I'll take them out & hang them up & they will finish drying. You may have to practice a little to get it just right, but just don't pick them too early. You will see them starting to dry on the stems & that's when they are good for picking. The blooms will be fading too. If you pick them too early, the flowers will just wilt & curl up.

Give it a try!

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality

Nonnie said...

I really don't know how some people seem to manage to craft every day. I also get frustrated that there just aren't enough hours in the week. I'm trying to be more organised so that I can have more time for creating.