Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Where to begin?



I got a little frustrated with Blogger and gave up for a little while. I have been overwhelmed with other things and decided to push my blog to one side and take care of my other things first. Now I feel I can dedicate some time to my blog again. Oh, and I could not find a decent photo machine in the city to download all of my saved pics to CDs from my two camera cards. I finally was able to accomplish that this weekend past. Horray!



I am coordinating an indoor Potluck BBQ/Picnic at work. We have a large lobby in the center of the main area which has hardwood floors. It's perfect. I send out an email about six weeks in advance and wait for volunteers letting me know what they are bringing, so I will have an idea of the menu. They can cook it or buy it made. Since I live in NYC, some of the staff will bring in made food. We don't care, it's the thought. Sometimes their spouse will make the dish, or dessert. This year I planned it for the first day of summer. I found these cute strawberry dessert napkins at Target and planned the rest of the decor around that. They also had gingham, plastic table liners, so gingham and strawberries it was. The napkins also had yellow on them. Red, white and yella. Some one offered to bring in Ice Cream Floats. I got the cutest cups, spoons and straws for him, plus all kinds of stuff for the rest of the party. A few years ago I bought those tiny bales of hay in the florist area of Micheal's, so I use them for leveling. Here is a shot from the first BBQ from about 4 years ago. I get better at it every year. It's ten days away and I will be finished shopping for everything tomorrow. It leaves me plenty of time for decorations. Looking at this photo, I just realized that everyone in it still works here...






I am making place cards for folks to name their dishes because one year we had a food allergy problem... This way everything will be identified. I have made pouches for the utensils out of the napkins. Just because they are plastic doesn't mean they have to be ugly! I'm going to take lots of pics and post them next week. I promise!!


The following day is Scott's 8th grade Graduation. I can't believe how much NYC Bd of Ed wastes our time and energy with graduation ceremonies. It's like they graduate every other year! But it is what it is. I just know I have to take my dog to the vet before the ceremony and pick him up after. A day off work, but full of errands.

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Baby Tease, thanks so much for stopping by to visit me! And for the commentary on Paula's book...it WAS a great book & I so enjoyed it too. I hope you'll come back & visit often & I'll have to check out your place too.

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality